The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Finally picked up my new girl tonight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martinking6 Posted - 29/09/2011 : 00:37:32

I have to say what an experience this was, my youngest lad asked if he could come with me to meet the parents and we pretty much got to meet the whole family of snakes, parents as well as there other snakes are all rock steady and a pleasure to interact with, walked into the house to be greeted with a 14ft burmese called baby who is the mother of my new addition and then upstairs in their bed was yoshi the father who is 13ft iirc and then after meeting the parents we was introduced to all different snakes and all different ages of burms

They have taken a good load of pictures of us holding various snakes, etc so I will share them once I receive them but for now here is my new girl, yip we went for the girl as we could hear her trying to get out of the viv when we was in the kitchen and when the lid was lifted she came out rapidly, so picked her up and then passed her onto my lad were she stayed for the next hr so when I took over, was also great to see how natural callum seemed to be handling her so will be good to see them 2 grow up together

I have just taken some quick pics for now until she settles in

Martin
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 25/10/2011 : 21:25:33
outstanding photos :D and looking stunning
martinking6 Posted - 25/10/2011 : 14:17:39
Just started her first shed with me last night but didnt do very well so had to soak and assist this afternoon, anyway she`s all shiny and brand new now and very relieved from what she parted with in my bath lol, pictures are funny as it looks like she`s smiling all relieved, comfy and nestled on my arm lol

Martin
martinking6 Posted - 18/10/2011 : 15:32:30
Hiya

As promised some pics of the parents on the day we went to pick our new burm up

Here`s the mum who is called "baby"

Now for the dad "yoshi"

And a really good one of angel with callum that they took

Martin
martinking6 Posted - 15/10/2011 : 22:56:44
A little update on the girl, shes just taken her 2nd feed with me and has put on 51grams between feeds so at 824grams now

She was proving to be a bit feisty and hissy just when being removed from the viv but once out her behaviour is angelic, I wasnt too bothered tbh but sought a bit of advise about it and after speaking to the breeder about her behaviour we think that was down to me being a little too gentle with her so after altering a few things it seems to of made a very noticeable difference within the 1st day of in/out of the viv several times a day and shes been snuggling between me and the wife tonight seemingly very content before I fed her

First time she fed she didnt strike so I left her for a couple of minutes with the rat and it was gone when i came back, this time she struck very impressively and is now in her swimming pool chilling out

Martin
sandi Posted - 30/09/2011 : 22:03:01
Ooooh pretty!
gmac Posted - 30/09/2011 : 15:31:42
there was a blocked word (in the swear filter) in the filename for the photos ;)
Mamma Posted - 30/09/2011 : 09:19:50
lovely looking burm!!!!
martinking6 Posted - 30/09/2011 : 05:03:22
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

superb looking burm

Cheers what was wrong ?

Martin
gmac Posted - 29/09/2011 : 20:08:48
superb looking burm
martinking6 Posted - 29/09/2011 : 00:42:06
Not sure why the pics havnt shown but here ya go, try again