The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Boa Species
 My New Common Boa Imperator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
VXRossi Posted - 17/08/2012 : 20:05:25
Here are a few pictures of my new snake. she is a Common Boa Imperator and she is approximately 2months of age. I have only gotten her today so only a few pictures will be put up, Although I have a lot of her when she was back in the shop I bought her from which I will also upload for you to see. She is in her 4foot vivexotic wooden vivarium right now and she seems to like it alot. She is currently hiding in the cool side hide. I need to purchase two thermometers and a hygrometer soon for obvious reasons. I am using Orchid bark as substrate for her as I am with both my Brazilians. Here are the pictures... (video to follow soon)

My Boa Constrictor in the shop before I bought her, so cute.

Another picture of my Boa constrictor in the shop before I bought her, Instagram'd this photo on my phone.

Another picture of her in the shop before I bought her.

My Boa Constrictor at her home, I've named her Diamond. She is so cute. Resting in my hand here.

Another picture of my snake in my hand, but I think this one was with the flash. Both pretty similar.

oooo Snake is looking at me here, this is the first time she was in the vivarium, she eventually found her way round and made it to the place she is on the photo below.

This is a picture of my snake after I removed the bark she was hiding under, she is all curled up and resting bless her. Slightly damp in there as I did spray it slightly when I finished setting up the vivarium.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
VXRossi Posted - 25/10/2012 : 10:23:10
Anyone??
VXRossi Posted - 23/10/2012 : 00:47:38
Hi, to whom ever reads this. I would like to know the difference between a BCI and a BCC? I have no idea how to tell the difference, I have a BCI (what the store told me I bought her from was anyway) and I'm just wondering if they grow to similar size to a BCC? I would imagine that the type of snakes do not all grow the same so it could be, it couldn't be, same as asking how long is a piece of string, depends on what ya feed it I suppose. I just want her to be a large snake and pretty heavy bodied. They grow rapidly apparently which is what I want also. If anybody would like to give me more information on the BCI and BCC species I would appreciate it. Also what are the temperment differences between the two or does that differ depending on the snake? Thanks.
VXRossi Posted - 27/08/2012 : 20:55:59
Thanks very muchos :) ahhh yeh yer i do get ya now haha seems pretty logic tbh i just didnt have a clue till you told me! Thank you :) about to feed my BCI and male BRB!
IncurableFlirt Posted - 27/08/2012 : 00:26:05
That's a cute name. :) 1.0.0 indicates the sex of the snake. The first spot is for male, second spot is for female and the third spot is for unknown. So if you had 1 male, 2 females and 3 unknowns, it would be written as: 1.2.3 Make sense?
VXRossi Posted - 26/08/2012 : 12:44:10
Yes i have name her Diamond, her beautiful diamond shaped patterns on the sides of her body are the reason for this. Also, she is an actual diamond as previous posts state she is an amazing animal. She is a really good feeder too, much quicker than my brazilians. When I first got my BCI she wouldnt really let me pick her up without her hissing like mad at me, she still does a little when i go to pick her up after her feed but overall she has calmed down alot and has obviously gotten alot more used to me with my regular handling! I am prepared for her massive growth spurt and cannot wait. Also may i ask anyone who is willing to tell, underneath peoples posts names on the signature, what does the 1.0.0 and 0.1.0 mean before the snake type mean? Im actually clueless on this haha! Would like to know what it means? If I was to get another snake I would be interested in jungle carpet python or an iran jaya jungle carpet python I think theyre well nice too! I will have to think about room first before I make any new additions as my BCI will need at least a 7 ft viv. Future possibilities will be considered.
IncurableFlirt Posted - 26/08/2012 : 06:19:36
She's beautiful. :) Reminds me of when Diablo was a wee thing. :D Thanks for sharing the pics!
Snakesitter Posted - 24/08/2012 : 21:00:12
Very nice addition, VXR! Have you named her yet?
rfalla1980 Posted - 24/08/2012 : 10:02:10
She's lovely, BCI's are beautiful animals :-)
VXRossi Posted - 19/08/2012 : 21:25:07
Thanks gmac, yes, I really wanted one of these after seeing their potential and size they grow. The colors appeal a lot to me and their head/face is just immense, I cannot wait for her to be pretty large. I like to live dangerously ha! my female BRB is actually pretty big now, she has definitely exceeded 5 foot easily and is pretty thick as she is now eating rats, no idea what size but they're two sizes down from the biggest ones in the shop I buy them from. Well ace snakes. This female BCI has hiss'd at me quite a few times since I've had her. I've fed all 3 of my snakes today. they were all hungry even though one of them is going through shedding process!! I Love reptiles in general, Snakes are just amazing!
gmac Posted - 18/08/2012 : 19:35:14
lovely BCI, cracking addition to any collection

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000