The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Health
 Sudden death of CRB?! :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carrrriiee Posted - 08/09/2012 : 19:28:50
My boyfriend and I woke up this morning to our CRB laying up side down, dead, in her enclosure... There was a regurgitated large fuzzy mouse right next to her body... Does anybody have any idea what happened and how it happened?
I am extremely upset about this... I am so sad and feel very ill.
Her enclosure and temperatures and everything was normal.
Her feeding was normal.
Everything was normal... We did everything like usual... Nothing was different..
Can someone please help me out with what might have happened?? :(
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nathair2012 Posted - 18/09/2012 : 11:18:34
So sorry to hear about your baby :(
Carrrriiee Posted - 11/09/2012 : 02:08:10
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the advice and kind words :)
smart bunny Posted - 10/09/2012 : 22:54:37
I'm so sorry to read your sad news Carrie
Snakesitter Posted - 10/09/2012 : 21:15:26
Carrie, I am sorry to hear of your loss as well. There could be many causes, from unknown temp fluctuations to germs to a physical deformity you never noticed (such a weak heart). The breeder may have some insight if they lost any from the same litter. As Jenn noted, however, the only way to be 100% certain is a vet autopsy.

While I know it is difficult right now, please make sure you completely bleach-clean the viv and all furnishings and tools that came in contact with your poor girl, just to make sure whatever germs were involved die a horrible death before they can hurt any other snake. After bleaching, rinse carefully and allow to sun-dry.

RIP little one.
IncurableFlirt Posted - 08/09/2012 : 21:58:51
Oh no! Carrie, I am sooo sorry. :( This just isn't the month for RBs, it seems. Poor Hidenshi just lost his little girl too. Unfortunately, I don't think I can give you much info on what could have caused it. The only person who might be able to give you a decent cause would be a vet. They can perform a necropsy and give you an idea of what happened. Place your CRB into a ziploc bag and keep it in the refrigerator (not the freezer!) until you can take it in to the vet. Again, I'm so sorry this happened. It does not sound like it was anything you did, it is possible it had an infection when you got it.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000