The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Videos
 Update on my Boa's 13-10-12

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
VXRossi Posted - 14/10/2012 : 14:21:31
This is just a quick video showing my 3 snakes and their current size/habitat etc. They are all doing fine, and I am that much closer to moving my female Brazilian Rainbow Boa from her current vivarium, into a new bigger glass vivarium. I will then put my male Brazilian Rainbow Boa into the vivarium that my female was in and then I will do another update video to show the new vivariums and setups. I have a 4foot vivarium for my BCI which will last approximately 18-24 months, once I feel she has outgrown that, I will be investing in again another larger and more spacious vivarium for her. then I will use her vivarium to purchase possibly another snake or maybe a different type of reptile all-together. Until then, this is my update for you Rainbow Boa fans to see, and I will appreciate all feed back and comments posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zN76cuEKBY

Also, just thought I would say, when I first got my first Brazilian Rainbow Boa, I found it pretty difficult to maintain it's requirements in terms of heating and humidity, but as time has passed, my knowledge on the animals has grown exceptionally and I can say with 100% confidence that I know what I am doing with these snakes, and I maintain their vivariums regularly keeping on top of any poo/wee or anything else that maybe affected over time. The heating and humidity problems have been solved in all 3 vivariums and they are at a reasonable level constantly. If anybody would disagree with anything in this that they can relate to my video and would think otherwise, I would like to hear your comments and thoughts. Thank you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 19/10/2012 : 21:58:41
VXR, after she soaks, have her crawl through a dampened towel that you hold in your hands with a little bit of pressure applied. That may be enough to trigger the natural "shed roll" process and make this easier. Soak again and repeat as needed.
VXRossi Posted - 17/10/2012 : 23:49:43
hmm!! well I have blocked one of the ventilation areas, so there is 3 now instead of 4. I've already gotten a large water bowl near the underneath of the heat lamp, i have just replaced the water and filled it up. i did spray in there a touch and now after I've closed it both the window doors are like u can tell it is humid in there. condensated, I haven't got any rocks atm, but I could get a few, one of the water bowl's is sharp enough for her to scratch her skin off, and its very heavy so she wouldn't move it. I have had her in the bath tonight for a bit and bits and pieces of her skin become pealable but it's only very small bits, smaller than a little fingers fingernail, which is frustrating because her skin color once shed is amazing!!! Hope she gets rid of it soon! I will let you know when she does :)
Snakesitter Posted - 17/10/2012 : 21:25:09
It could be a lot of things. Personally, I'd up the humidity a bit (by placing a larger water bowl over the heat and reducing the ventillation a touch, in order to avoid spraying) and add a rock for her to rub up against. Regardless, I'd give her a nice long soak and try to rub as much of the stuck shed off as possible so that it does not complicate the next one. Good luck!
VXRossi Posted - 16/10/2012 : 12:54:45
Thanks for the comments! Would you suggest any way to improve them at all? And heh, camera-tolerant snakes are good :). My BCI i noticed shed lastnight however, it was in pieces and i noticed she still had some shedding to do towards the tail area. Now i was told 50%humidity was fine, my snakes im a wooden vivarium so i cannot spray it much. There are two water bowels in there and shes still not shedding fully? Any ideas why?
Snakesitter Posted - 15/10/2012 : 21:08:32
Nice vid, VXR! Your snakes are very camera-tolerant!
Nathair2012 Posted - 15/10/2012 : 18:53:47
You've got sone stunning snakes there!!! Beautiful! :)

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000