The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Introductions
 Hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tawfik47 Posted - 06/01/2013 : 13:19:24
Hello everyone
I'm Tawfik from Syria, I'm a member in TRP, I had one royal python "Blitz" for 2 years.
Now I'm planing in future to buy a rainbow boa.
Any comments/advices on keeping a Rainbow Boa will be appreciated.

Cheers.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 09/01/2013 : 20:47:59
Good luck, Tawfik! You will find there is some work to do to bridge the different needs of balls and Brazilians, but you sound up to the task! Let us know if we can help.

And well said, Blackcat.
Tawfik47 Posted - 08/01/2013 : 20:00:36
Thank you very much Blackcat, enclosure is ready because i had a royal python, but i had to sell him due to circumstances here in Syria.
i will take a look at posts here and try to get all needed info.
Blackcat Posted - 08/01/2013 : 15:01:40
As Snakesitter said in his welcome the temperature and humidity are a priority to get correct to ensure a healthy BRB, thus in my opinion it is important to get the enclosure set up and running prior to purchase to establish the correct conditions.
It is very important to have a thermostat to control the heat source, moss hides help with humidity along with a large water dish located partially over the heat source (if using a mat).
Thermometers (digital are best) and a hygrometer to measure temps (hot and cold ends to obtain a thermal gradient) and humidity.
I found lots of really useful information by searching through old posts and people are always happy to help by answering questions - you will earn lots of 'brownie' points for doing your research prior to obtaining your BRB
Hope you find a BRB, they are wonderful snakes
Tawfik47 Posted - 08/01/2013 : 12:52:11
Thank you all for your warm welcome
Is there any specific info I need to know before buying the BRB?
BRB is not available here in Syria right now, so i will have to buy it from other country or I have to wait until it will be available here.
Snakesitter Posted - 07/01/2013 : 21:22:08
Welcome to the forum, Tawfik! Brazilians are amazing pets! As Jenn said, there is lots of great material on these pages. But for prioritization, look at the temp and humidity threads first, as those are the most crucial factors in keeping a Brazilian. Let us know if you need help on any particular items!
IncurableFlirt Posted - 06/01/2013 : 23:24:56
Welcome to the forum, Tawfik! :) There are tons of helpful threads on here about RB keeping. If you have any specific questions, just let us all know and we'll help however we can! ;)
Blackcat Posted - 06/01/2013 : 21:42:53
Hello and welcome
gmac Posted - 06/01/2013 : 15:59:36
welcome over here Tawfik.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000