The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Breeds & Morphs
 Rainbow Subspecies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 24/02/2011 : 17:50:01
Brazilian Rainbow Boa + Three Morphs
  • Albino Rainbow Boa
  • Anerythristic Rainbow Boa
  • Calico Rainbow Boa

Marajo Rainbow Boa

Espirito Santo Rainbow Boa

Argentine Rainbow Boa

Peruvian Rainbow Boa

Minas Gerias Rainbow Boa

Paraguayan Rainbow Boa

Colombian Rainbow Boa + Two Morphs Below
  • Guyana Rainbow Boa
  • Venezuela Rainbow Boa

Caatinga Rainbow Boa

Rio Bravo Rainbow Boa

These are most of the Subspecies in Rainbow Boa's.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CDN_Blood Posted - 24/11/2011 : 04:18:50
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

Congrats on the partial ID! Unique is good!

Different/unique is fun, lol. They're the first assisi I've seen. Their side pattern is really quite distinct so they weren't terribly difficult to ID.

Now all I have to do is get Skyler tagged with something appropriate, lol. Easier said than done though - I'm pretty sure that she's a cross, but some of the lesser known subspecies are really hard to peg without having images to compare with that can be trusted for their accuracy.

That lateral line that runs the length of her body and the totally mottled (there is no identifiable pattern in there, it's all just random speckling) sides have to be the key, but it's still not an easy thing to find proper ID for her :(
Snakesitter Posted - 24/11/2011 : 02:04:22
Congrats on the partial ID! Unique is good!
gmac Posted - 23/11/2011 : 20:18:16
Njice one on getting part of the way there, seems Skyler is determined to just be special :D

quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

Okay, so I think I've made a positive ID on two of the three animals in question. I'd hoped my buddy would join here to post the images of his two new Rainbows, but I don't think he's had the time yet.

no time, bah useless excuse :D

and have sorted the big blocky siggies on this thread.
CDN_Blood Posted - 23/11/2011 : 14:02:42
Okay, so I think I've made a positive ID on two of the three animals in question. I'd hoped my buddy would join here to post the images of his two new Rainbows, but I don't think he's had the time yet.

His two are dead-ringers for E.c. assisi. They exhibit all the characteristics that make an assisi what it is (light-centered dorsal pattern, very distinct colouration and shape of side patterns and lateral line extending from head down the neck, but not the full length of the snake).

As for Skyler, I still believe she's a Guyana Rainbow, but there is no actual classification for those, so that is a bit of a problem.

At least I can put this thread to bed for now, which is good 'cause those gigantic GIFs in the signature blocks throughout this thread are just too much to handle :P
CDN_Blood Posted - 20/11/2011 : 22:13:52
So, time to revive this thread :)

Some of you may recall that there has been a lot of debate over what subspecies of Rainbow that Skyler is. What continues to throw me is that white lateral line that runs down her length, as well as the mottled side pattern (not a single distinct shape in there, it's just very heavily mottled).

Now, the funny thing here is that a friend of mine just took over 2 adult Rainbows which he says came to him as Venezuelan Rainbow Boas. Apparently these were bred by a very reputable Canadian who's recently passed away, so we're unable to contact him (clearly) to verify the information. The funny thing is that they also have the lateral line, although it doesn't run the entire length of the snake, and there is a fair amount of white/cream colouration throughout their side & head patterns, with a tiny bit dispersed through their dorsal pattern also.

They're interesting snakes and they're unlike any Rainbows I've seen before. Even Skyler doesn't have white/cream on her face or back. From the top, Skyler looks like a Columbian, but not from the side. These 2 adults do *not* look like something I've seen before. Perhaps we'll get lucky and he'll join the forum and post some pics to get a better idea for those reading this.
gmac Posted - 23/03/2011 : 19:44:20
quote:
Originally posted by RaverBaby

so i send u monie for post

$3500 should cover carriage
RaverBaby Posted - 23/03/2011 : 11:01:03
so i send u monie for post
Snakesitter Posted - 21/03/2011 : 02:35:04
Raverbaby, I'm delighted to hear you got your new baby! Unfortunately, the time and cost to send my camera from the US -- as well as its loss when I need it myself -- is s bit prohibitive. :-) As Ash noted, best to speak to some of your more local mates. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing the picts!
hiper2009 Posted - 20/03/2011 : 17:46:00
quote:

ya i got her here she is nice and bright with spots down her sides and is white at nite time can i borow ur camera 2 tak sum pixs

They change colour at night/day if you see Oscar's thead on General Section you will see the two pictures he has shared.

I don't think Cliff will send you a Camera so better you go borrow one from your friend's or buy one like the rest of us do.
RaverBaby Posted - 20/03/2011 : 17:36:20
ya i got her here she is nice and bright with spots down her sides and is white at nite time can i borow ur camera 2 tak sum pixs
Snakesitter Posted - 15/03/2011 : 21:31:04
Louise has an excellent point: have you seen her in person; and if not, do you have picts you can post?
Invalid User Posted - 15/03/2011 : 11:35:25
quote:

but she is luking like 1 of ur snake like very brite and nice colour on it so av i payed for a top end normal snakebitter

Have you seen the snake in the flesh so to speak or have you only seen pics?

Can you post a pic on here and we can have a look and tell you what we think?

My ugly fake brb who is too dark, came from this breeder:

http://www.as-exotics.co.uk/available/

She is a baby from the breeding of The Devil x Silver.

RaverBaby Posted - 15/03/2011 : 10:56:52
but she is luking like 1 of ur snake like very brite and nice colour on it so av i payed for a top end normal snakebitter
Snakesitter Posted - 14/03/2011 : 23:03:48
£140 is about, what, $280 US? That's what a really top-end normal would sell for, so I guess it depends on her looks.

Regardless, I'd ask for support/proof of their "anery" claim, and see what they do.

Good luck!
RaverBaby Posted - 14/03/2011 : 22:04:55
so hav i been scamed snakebitter ?

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000