The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Rainbow Boa
 Other Reptile Photos
 P. brongersmai - fresh paint

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CDN_Blood Posted - 01/11/2011 : 03:12:10
Blue had just finished shedding when I captured this tonight. I hadn't even cleaned his tub yet because they can be a little testy after they shed so I wanted to get a good shot of him before I had to take him out and he got all cranky.

It's hard to tell from the image, but he's just over 5 feet :)

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CDN_Blood Posted - 16/12/2011 : 12:36:46
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

Tell you what, have been looking into bloods alot recently, and are just stunning. Is certainly something I'm considering adding to my household!!

Just make sure you do your homework first so that you know what you're getting into. So many people get one and realize within a day or so that they've made a terrible mistake, and I really hate to see that happen because the snake tends to suffer for it :(

Follow the links in my profile to contact me directly if you want to pick my brains about these things :)

Just for the record, they don't start-off looking like Blue. A baby brongersmai is usually some colour of cream/yellow/orange. It takes a few years for the adult colouration to start showing itself. It's a real crap shoot when you get a baby P. brongersmai or a baby P. curtus. The only subspecies of Blood that doesn't change colour radically as it matures is P. breitensteini.
reptiledanny Posted - 16/12/2011 : 12:06:02
Tell you what, have been looking into bloods alot recently, and are just stunning. Is certainly something I'm considering adding to my household!!
CDN_Blood Posted - 03/12/2011 : 14:04:31
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

right gonna have to go look more into these beasts now CDN, love these.

He's great and I love 'm, but had I made one wrong move, he'd have happily taken my face off during those images. He was 10 kinds of grumpy because he's just starting a moult and did *not* want to be touched. When I touched him to see if he'd let me pick him-up, he was bucking around like a madman and I wasn't able to get more than about 1 minute of handling out of him before he got all snakey and out of control.

They're awesome to look at and impressive to behold, but they're certainly not for everyone, so make sure you do your homework to see if it's a good choice for you. They need a *lot* of patience, a ton of understanding and some pretty quick reflexes to have a long and happy relationship with them :)
gmac Posted - 03/12/2011 : 13:41:52
right gonna have to go look more into these beasts now CDN, love these.
CDN_Blood Posted - 03/12/2011 : 13:27:19
Another one to give better perspective. He's a male, so he's not as big as he looks a lot of the time.

gmac Posted - 01/11/2011 : 23:24:51
outstanding :D
CDN_Blood Posted - 01/11/2011 : 22:24:34
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

ooo very nice :D love Blue's reds :D

Hehe, not bad for a boy who just turned 10 years old three weeks ago, hunh :)
gmac Posted - 01/11/2011 : 19:56:06
ooo very nice :D love Blue's reds :D

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000