The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Health
 Poorly BRB Please give advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newbie Posted - 16/03/2014 : 20:15:57
Rio has been unwell for a week now, at first her symptoms suggested an RI (wheezing/bubbly breathing) and I took her to the vets were she received an antibiotic injection and I was given some antibiotics to take away and give her orally. She is in a RUB with aspen as a quarantine tank so I can monitor her better.

She made good improvement and stopped wheezing completely, but today she has presented with a totally limp tail from her "hips" down and has white powder evident to her head and body in parts, from an unknown source.

Any advice would be great
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 19/03/2014 : 19:49:18
Any progress, Newbie? Fingers crossed for you!!
Snakesitter Posted - 17/03/2014 : 19:30:48
I'm sorry to hear about Rio's health issues, Newbie. :-( Good on you for taking her to a vet quickly!

A "limp tail" sounds serious, so first off I would call the vet.

Second, check to see if might be the meds, such as an overdose: how much does she weigh, and what dose are you giving her?

Third, a picture of the "white powder" would be helpful...I'm not quite sure what to make of that description. The only thing I can think of is fragments of dried urates she crawled through....

Finally, how did she catch the RI? Make sure whatever caused the illness is taken care of, or it will come back.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000