The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa - General Keeping information
 Exo terra terrariums as enclosures for brbs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hannah2016 Posted - 02/07/2014 : 21:51:57
As I see the breeder for my brb alot I asked about the exo terras as enclosures after doing research and finding little about these particular tanks for rainbows. He told me they weren't great because they don't hold heat well. I was considering getting one as my small wooden terranium started to swell. He just told me to get a wooden viv and seal it with an aquatic sealent. I did just that but I'd still like opinions on exo terras for when she gets a bit bigger? I still would really like to have one as I love the design and I know a place that stocks the larger natural ones (low and long). As I have no experience with these snakes, I'd like a second opinion for when we need an upgrade.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 03/07/2014 : 20:11:30
I'm not a big fan of either wood *or* glass enclosures. Plastic is the way to go, if you can find it: it retains both heat and humidity well, and also provides opaque sides to make these often secretive snakes feel more at ease. There used to be a list of UK manaufacturers on the site, but I'm not sure where it got off to....

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000