The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa - General Keeping information
 Condensation in RUB

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danablett Posted - 03/05/2015 : 18:39:54
Hi,

I pick up my 4 month old hatchling on Tuesday. I'm trying to sort his/hers RUB out but I keep getting lots of condensation. I assumed lots of condensation isn't good. I keep drilling more holes but I'm worried I'm going to put more and more holes in and let out the heat.

The set up I've got so far is a 9 litre RUB with a heat mat under it, controlled by a mat stat. I've got holes on either side and holes on either side of the lid. I've attached a picture of what I've got so far....not the best but couldn't get it any clearer. As you can see the are holes in the top left and if you were to spin it round I have the same number of holes in the bottom left......should there be more holes to combat the condensation.

Thanks in advance
[URL=http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/fairyknowz/media/Boa/IMG-20150503-WA0005.jpeg.html][/URL]
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 04/05/2015 : 21:10:55
Actually, condensation is a wonderful sign. It means you are keeping the air humid enough for him/her! Too many holes, BTW, is a bad...better to have too few at first, as you can always add, but not (easily) take away.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000