The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Breeding
 Living Gems Breeding Update (May 2016)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snakesitter Posted - 10/06/2016 : 00:51:33
The month of May marks the end of the fifth month of breeding at Living Gems. It was a month of steady activity.

In Group 1, our hypo to het hypo pairing, Ramses and Amber spent an ungodly amount of time sharing the water bowl, and had at least two tail wraps. Score one for future baby hypos!

In Group 2, our mixed orange with thick borders pairing, there was little activity following last month’s tail wrap.

In Group 3, our high red pairing, there was again no activity for the fourth month in a row: Spessartine “the Ice Queen” of snake dating continues her reign.

In Group 4, our high orange pairing, there was little activity following last month’s extensive courting.

In Group 5, our dark red trio, we found a single sperm plug in the water bowl, but otherwise witnessed no activity.

In Group 6, our mixed orange trio, Scarface and Aventurine could not get enough of each other, spending at least five full days sharing the water bowl. There was a single sperm plug found, and I assume they did some breeding that I missed. Citrine seems curiously uninterested in the whole idea. Here is the happy couple -- note Aventurine's amazingly rich side bullseyes:

In Group 7, our high contrast pairing, following last month’s tail wrap, I caught Picasso courting Tigers Eye several times. Here is a good example:

In Group 8, our orange/red pairing, we found a single sperm plug in the water bowl, but otherwise witnessed no activity.

In Group 9, our mystery mash-up, Prometheus – celebrating his April “victory” over rival Everest – celebrated by spending every moment in the sauna with new girlfriend Jasper. I did not witness any breeding, but would not be surprised if there was some.

As always, you may feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000