Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Another refusal from the IJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hatchling

184 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  18:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luna has done it again! Twice on the bounce now, I even offered her a mouse this week to see if that got her going again. Not keen on her doing this as she was a problem feeder before.

I've tried heating, leaving it in, braining, defrosting the rat pup with mice, now tried an actual mouse, vibrating the RUB slightly (which makes her come out and look active) and dark rooms, but nothing seems to persuade her to bite

Any suggestions? Only two weeks currently but getting slightly worried. Don't think I could feed live and I'm sure she'd run away from it anyway!

Hatchling

184 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  19:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scratch that, went back for a final attempt - super-heated the mouse twice and made it dance round the RUB like a demented morris dancer, accidently scalped it and voila, strike! Either she likes dinner and a show or she needs a bit of violence to set her off!

Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  20:09:42  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol nice one

GMac
Go to Top of Page

gluttony32

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  08:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Have a pair of Jayas and the female is voracious, she eats rats and mice live or frozen thawed..the male on the other hand must be put in a rub that he only fits coiled in and the mouse must be brained. He still refuses every other week..he is growing extremely slow..they can be a little fussy.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  08:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad she ate!

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000