New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mamma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  16:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ramona's breeder adviced that she had missed a feed whilst travelling up north to scotland, and that I was to feed her on the day I feed the other snakes. Which was today. I was nervous that she wouldnt take as she is still settling in. How silly of me lol... She took the feed with no hesitation and is now in her coconut hide digesting

I hope you dont mind but I thought I would share some pictures with you

Hello mummy.. what you got for me:

Thank you mummy

Thanks for looking xxx

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  21:02:09  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol cracking photos,

GMac
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  00:48:23  Show Profile  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What happened with her eye? Just wondering if it was the same thing as to my one-eyed boa, Dopey.

Nice photos by the way :)

2.3.0 Royal Python of various morph
0.1.0 Common Boa (BCI)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  08:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

What happened with her eye? Just wondering if it was the same thing as to my one-eyed boa, Dopey.

Nice photos by the way :)

When she was born it was a traumatic birth.. she was the only survivor.. the breeder noticed her jaw was un aligned and her eye seemed smaller than the other. The breeder kept her (shes currently a year and a half) and as time went on her jaw sorted itself out (to the stage its at now). Her jaw is slightly off now. He noticed over time that that was the way her eye was. He had the eye checked out, the vets arent sure if shes fully blind in that eye or partially. But it doesnt seem to have affected her in any negative way. Shes always eaten etc.

She was a reluctant sale (he was very sad to see her go when the courier picked her up) and he wanted to make sure she went to a female keeper who he thought would look after her for the rest of her life. He checked out all the potential buyers profiles (on the snake forums hes on too..) and all of their posts, offering advice etc to other members. He contacted me after a week or so after I put an interest in to say he would phone me and vet me. He phoned and i swear it was like a job interview lol. Asked about all my snakes, my knowledge of their husbandry etc etc. We spoke on the phone a few times and he finaly asked me to give her a home

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

Edited by - Mamma on 03/10/2011 08:50:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000