New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2012 :  18:36:03  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some of the following links are rather graphic, and if disturbed easily I would HIGHLY recommend not watching them. (Note.. all mice being fed are dead)

my very first video of my snake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JWuQKLNVQ

this is her at about 6months old feeding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyCaAh6zhw

this is a video of her striking a mouse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2RMY3xhR2E

another constriction in HD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIvoa3-e4DI

this is an update on my vivarium, it's actually changed since this video I will do another one tomorrow sometime and upload it. the walls ice cream tub has gone and I've got more hides in there also have a fogger on the way in the post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukgXuBIHQpg

another pretty recent strike with a large mouse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8OxDehqgE

again another recent strike, I filmed this in 3 parts because it would have taken ages to upload so part 1 is top part 3 is bottom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0tiNFF40aE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F50BwM74LI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p42JCAWp08

I hope these are ok videos for now :)

VXRossi
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
0.0.1 Argentine Rainbow Boa
0.1.0 Common BCI

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2012 :  00:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I looked at the first one and the viv one, VXR. Well done videos! I see she really likes her Safe Scoop. ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  15:38:44  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha! Cheers pal, what dya mean by safe scoup? Handling her? She's pretty big now I need up make another video of the vivarium later this week as I have a fogger coming so that will be installed to maintain humidity! Also since the video of my vivarium I've got a better and bigger tub for her which takes up quite a bit of space in there but all is good! I also have two hygrometers in there one in either side of the vivarium more near bottom rather than top. I have installed a 2nd temperature gauage for closer monitoring of temperature, and added a few more bark hides for her!

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  15:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he is referring to the walls ice cream tub which used to contain 'soft scoup' ice cream.
Great vids by the way :)

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  16:27:02  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha! Of course! I am proper thick sometimes like! Cheers Blackcat! Look back soon I"ll have a few more! She is in process of shedding atm so no videos of the munchies will be uploaded for another week. And the update of my vivarium probably upload it on thursday!

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  21:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wups, sorry for misreading the tub. Not a brand I'm familiar with.... Looking forward to the new vids!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  20:50:25  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ha, no sorry, my bad, it does say 'Soft Scoop'. I didn't even realize it said that on the tub to be honest I just read the Wall's bit and knew it was an ice cream tub so Wall's ice cream haha. Didn't even acknowledge the 'Soft Scoop' if I'm honest. The fogger hasn't arrived yet, I thought it would be here today must be a slight delay with the delivery. Will get another video up when it's installed ASAP. :)

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  22:54:59  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this is the update video of my Brazilian Rainbow Boa vivarium. It is pretty dark and I do have a cold when talking in the video. Hope this is okay for now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYEGvGdrJY

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  00:53:32  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, very cool -- especially with the fogger going. Well done!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  00:02:47  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you Snakesitter. I thought I would leave you with a question if that's okay seeing as you are a Brazilian Rainbow Boa Expert :D. I will very soon be looking to purchase a larger vivarium, or, if not build my own. If I was to build my own, what materials would you suggest to use? I know that obviously wood wouldn't be very suitable as it would warp in the long run due to my BRB's required humidity but are the ways around it? I've never done anything like it, nor have I looked much into it but I would much rather build my own than buy another one. This one I've got cost me £200+ so if I was gonna spend more than that on a larger one I would rather make it myself so it is unique. A few tips on home-made vivarium's would be much appreciate please :). I'm looking to get a bigger vivarium because I think she is getting pretty big for the one she is currently in, she is unable to stretch out fully in it, the vivarium is only 90cm long, my snake has exceeded 4ft. I have been told that BRB's prefer smaller enclosures, but whether that is true or not?? I look forward to your reply, Thanks :)

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  00:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always recommend pre-constructed plastic viv these days, as the materials are lighter, retain heat and humidity better, are easy to clean, and offer the animal needed privacy. No glass or wood design offers those same strengths. That said, I have seen people construct vivs from wood and line it with plexi inside. I think the material and time cost though outweighs the benefits, unless you really enjoy construction. An adult Brazilian should have at last three feet by two feet of floor space. I give my adults at least four by two feet. I hope this helps!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  15:03:06  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh yeh pre-constructed, where would i get a plastic one from then? I live in Uk. Yeah that sounds good id want one at least 4 foot by 2 foot. Have you got any photographs or videos of your boas/vivs on here? It has helped, general communication with you helps alot tbh. There arent many videos on youtube on how to keep a BRB with the correct temperature and humidity levels and maintain them. The fogger is a massive boost to humidity.

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  23:21:30  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem, I'll dig up some photos for you in the next week or so. :-) As for a local manufacturer, I would call around to some pet stores and see what they recommend. Don't let them talk you into what they have on hand though, especially non-plastic, until you've done your research. Hopefully someone from your area will also weigh in on this thread.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

zig-zag
Snake mite

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  23:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VXRossi

Oh yeh pre-constructed, where would i get a plastic one from then? I live in Uk. Yeah that sounds good id want one at least 4 foot by 2 foot. Have you got any photographs or videos of your boas/vivs on here? It has helped, general communication with you helps alot tbh. There arent many videos on youtube on how to keep a BRB with the correct temperature and humidity levels and maintain them. The fogger is a massive boost to humidity.

I believe snakesitter is talking about vivs like these, found them in uk shops via google shopping.
http://www.very.co.uk/vivarium/1035460827.prd?aff=google&affsrc=froogle&cm_mmc=froogle-_-THIRD_PARTY_PET_PRODUCTS_PET_PRODUCTS_ALT_SUB_SMALL_PETS-_-23V5F-_-Vivarium&istCompanyId=3bdc6c74-7f2d-4594-839e-e5b39b2661fb&istItemId=patmlxat&istBid=t

Edited by - zig-zag on 11/05/2012 23:30:29
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  09:15:13  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahhh yeh that seems pretty good id get the large one, seems a reasonable size for her. Also, this may sound stupid but ive got a reptifogger from zoo med, i was wondering if a hole can be punched through the top for it, or would that be pretty difficult? Are the plastic vivariums robust and made well? Would it be possible to do? Thanks, would be appreciated taking a peak at your brb's :)

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

zig-zag
Snake mite

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  14:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VXRossi

Ahhh yeh that seems pretty good id get the large one, seems a reasonable size for her. Also, this may sound stupid but ive got a reptifogger from zoo med, i was wondering if a hole can be punched through the top for it, or would that be pretty difficult? Are the plastic vivariums robust and made well? Would it be possible to do? Thanks, would be appreciated taking a peak at your brb's :)

I can give you feedback on these vivs very soon, as searching for you made me buy 2! Doh!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000