Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

smart bunny
Hatchling

174 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  15:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were disappointed to find no BRB's at the Norfolk show today but.... we did find CRBs!! Hubby fell in love with this little 1 month old called Prism

Moppet

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  20:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sooooo cute! And very beautiful
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  21:03:14  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
very nice, I am a big fan of the crb's

GMac
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  09:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prism is a very pretty litle girl
I bet you get a BRB at some point

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  17:13:03  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Columbians are great snakes - always nice to know I'm not alone in keeping them :)

TODD
25 Years of Commitment and Responsibility in Private Herpetoculture
Go to Top of Page

Nathair2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  21:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful :)

Dee
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  22:52:49  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh WOW! Bunny, you are one lucky girl (and so is the hubby, lol, wish mine was into snakes too)! That is a stunning little CRB. I really wanted a CRB to begin with, but couldn't find one when I went looking. My local breeder friend had a BRB pair, though, so I opted to take Marius. Haven't regretted it, but I really love the silvers/grays of the CRBs. Congrats on the pickup and welcome to the addiction! ;)

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

MrBD1980
Snake mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  23:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice!! I'm sure there will be many happy memories!!!

I know exactly what you mean about the O/H not being into them...my o/h keeps hamsters bunnies and other fluffier....always tricky on feed days! Lol....
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Hatchling

174 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  11:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, we are so chuffed with her, she's so calm! Here's another piccy showing her gorgeous iridescence

Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  12:13:15  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to make sure you are aware that she will change radically as she matures. I'd hate to see you disappointed when she looks nothing like that in a couple of years :)

Personally I find the look of a mature Columbian really hot, but I have met people who didn't know their little newborn would look so different as an adult and weren't happy about it...

TODD

Edited by - CDN_Blood on 10/07/2012 12:14:40
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Hatchling

174 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  13:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the warning CDN, we've got a couple of corns, so know all about snakes chnging as they get older, they change every shed at the moment lol!

Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  19:32:36  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK :)

Not many change as much as Columbian Rainbows, so I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be disappointed when all those colours change and that pattern all but disappears :D

TODD
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  20:38:30  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sure would be awesome if they kept that pattern into adulthood! ;D Still, even though they lose the pattern, I think CRBs are so beautiful. They may not be as colorful as the BRBs, but those silver/grays are stunning (in my most humble of opinions ;) ) and sometimes show the rainbow shimmers even better than a BRB. :)

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  21:09:36  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Such a pretty little thing! Their little stub noses are so cute at that age!

Todd, great point on the warning...this subspecies does indeed change quite a bit as they grow. Still pretty snakes though.

Bunny, have you named her(?) yet?

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Hatchling

174 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  21:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, taken on board, thanks I have googled images and see what you mean about the pattern 'disappearing'. As long as she keeps her 'rainbow effect' that's fine lol.

She's called Prism, due to her rainbow properties

Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  11:17:14  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It may mature into something that looks more like a giant worm than a Rainbow boa, but it'll shine with iridescence like there's no tomorrow if it's good and healthy :)

This will give you an idea of time line regarding colour change with my own:
http://cdnblood.clanteam.com/CDN_Blood/Tagz.html

TODD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000