New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tweek
Snake mite

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2012 :  23:02:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brb is 5 months old now & this is the second time she's shed with me. The only problem is that she went into blue last weekend (at its peak on monday) & its settles down as it should ready to shed but she still hasn't shed her skin. Humidity & everything else is the same as it was last month but nothing is happening! Any idea's? Will it do much harm if she doesn't shed soon? What can I do to bring it on?

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  10:19:31  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
is nothing to worry about at this stage, isnt unusual for snakes to go over a week without shedding. I would expect a shed snake within the next week.

As for bringing the shed on, there is nothing you can do to bring it on snake will shed when ready to shed.

GMac
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  19:59:30  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Gmac. Give your baby some time and it will shed on its own when it is ready. All you can do is make certain that it has the proper humidity levels (providing a moist moss hide is a great way to give your baby additional humidity) and then wait. Once it is finished, be sure to check that the eyecaps and the tail tip shed came off as well and you're good to go! ;)

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  21:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Graeme and Jenn nailed it. One of my breeder males was starting to worry me the same way, he passed through blue and cleared up...then no shed. Two days passed, then three, then four.... It took six days him to finally leave me a spare skin. ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Tweek
Snake mite

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2012 :  01:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice guys. She finaly shed on Sunday afternoon :-) looking stunning for it!
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2012 :  13:58:33  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tweek

Thanks for the advice guys. She finaly shed on Sunday afternoon :-) looking stunning for it!

sweet. But do we need to take your word on how stunning she is or will we tell for ourselves, get some photos up, im a photo addict :D

GMac
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2012 :  21:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
^^ hehe ^^ I'd love to see picts though too!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Tweek
Snake mite

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2012 :  00:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm mostly online with my phone at the moment & it won't let me post pics on here but as soon as I can get some on here I will :-)
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2012 :  21:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to them!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000