Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 Rainbow Boa Breeding
 Breeding Profile Group 7 (High Contrast)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2016 :  21:02:26  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Profile 7 of 9 for Living Gems’ 2016 breeding season. Our seventh group pairs Picasso with Tigers Eye in search of high-contrast babies.

Picasso, a unique dual-orange male of undetermined age, came to us as a proven breeder. On top of his unique color pattern, he is known for pairing a voracious appetite (he has missed me by inches more than once on feeding night as he lunges for dinner) with an anorexic build (this snake never looks fat). Here he is as of November 2015:

As of his pre-breeding weigh-in, he measured 1830 grams.

Tigers Eye, an August 2009 female, has vivid orange highlights that contrast sharply against a glowing red background. She is one of the most tolerant snakes we have ever owned, and rarely seems to get upset about anything…even an assisted shed once. Here she is as of October 2015:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, she measured 2217 grams.

Here is one of Picasso’s 2014 babies, to show you his paternal quality (photo taken at age one):

He was paired with an orange female that year, so we expect even more contract from this new pairing….

Note these two were paired last year as well, but did not produce babies despite witnessed breeding. That breeding was very late in the year, just before I ended the season, so I may have pulled them apart too soon. Here’s to a better 2016!

If you like what you see, and want first dibs at any babies, you can sign up for the LGR Wait List here http://statictab.com/w5cjpkc.

As always, thank you for reading.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000