Sol - Then and Now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  19:21:40  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have a little neon to brighten your day. Okay, so maybe not so little, haha.

Sol is a neon strain of Diamond Jaguar Python. She's recently turned 4 years old and she came to me as a leave-behind that someone abandoned, leaving her with a roommate who knew me and made the call to see if I'd take her.

It's been just over a year since she's come to me, so here are some Then and Now shots that are 1 year and 2 days apart, just for kicks. She's currently about 7.5 feet and still throwing skins off every 6-7 weeks. I don't expect her to start slowing down until she hits around 9 feet or so. Enjoy

Sol then...

Sol today - stretched across a queen-size bed

TODD
25 Years of Commitment and Responsibility in Private Herpetoculture

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  19:39:36  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen a fair few carpets over the last fair few years, this one gets me every time. Is one i have never seen in anyone elses collection, very cool CDN.

GMac
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  21:00:12  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

I have seen a fair few carpets over the last fair few years, this one gets me every time. Is one i have never seen in anyone elses collection, very cool CDN.

Well thanks! The neons are few and far between, but we should start seeing them a bit more often over the next few years.

Sol was 1 of 2 that was left behind. Her sibling was equally as handsome regarding pattern, but was ivory rather than neon yellow. I have a shot of the 2 together somewhere, but will have to dig through archives to find it. In the meantime, here's a single shot I still had kicking around of Sol's ivory sibling...equally nice, just no pop :P

TODD
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  21:07:50  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oooh tasty, I like that one too.

GMac
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  13:25:07  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's one from yesterday that puts things into perspective :)

TODD
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  13:40:48  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
cracking size CDN. is a proper stunning snake

GMac
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  21:06:48  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

cracking size CDN. is a proper stunning snake

Yeah, the beauty was always there, but the size is coming nice and steadily. Give her a couple more years and she'll really be somethin' :D

TODD
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  13:12:03  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ah-HA! I managed to find the old pre-acquisition shots of Sol with her sibling, Baxter. Here they are from March 2010...

TODD
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  13:59:43  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Love them, really rich colours just wow pretty much covers it

GMac
Go to Top of Page

doogle
Snake mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  18:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these two are absolutly stunning , lucky to have them in your collection , im slowely building my collection next being added in march is a pure red tailed boa , not sure what to have after that , id love the jaguar python but they aint cheap are they ??
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  20:38:32  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Regular Jags are a dime a dozen. Diamond Jags like these tend to be about 1K (CD/US), but I have no idea what they'd go for over the pond.

TODD
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  10:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stunning colours. I have a soft spot for carpets, but as gmac stated you dont see many diamond jags and stunners like yours

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000