Rainbow Boa Videos
 NEW CB12 MALE BRAZILIAN RAINBOW BOA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  22:33:02  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Below is a video of my brand new Brazilian Rainbow Boa male cb12. Cost me £140 for the snake, he is adorable in every way. He was only about a month old when I bought him. I've had him now about 2 weeks just coming up. he has eaten all meals so far on time etc and has a really good temperament as did my female. People say they're nippy when they're young but I am yet to experience that *touch wood*. Yeh, I Hope you all like my video, comments welcome from all, happy to hear of any alterations as well. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VniXh6_sJOE

VXRossi
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
0.0.1 Argentine Rainbow Boa
0.1.0 Common BCI

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  23:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice, VX! "Leo" is a good name. How is your female getting along?

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  04:59:29  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great video. :) Your female is gorgeous, but so is your male. Love them both! Thanks for sharing.

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  13:25:40  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:::::::::::FIRSTLY, SORRY FOR THE MASSIVE MESSAGE::::::::::::: Thank you for your compliments :). Sharing my photos/videos/info is my pleasure. My female is getting along very well. In regards to a new habitat for her, my local reptile expert has informed me to stay put for a short while as he has been told by EXO TERRA that they are making a 4ft vivarium exactly the same as the one I've got which is 3ft. Which would be ideal for the pair. Also I have now found a very good way to control the humidity within my current vivarium, and I am 100% confident that it will work for the more larger vivarium too. Well firstly I was gonna name it Leo, then I was gonna name it Rio, but it's after rio ferdinand and i really do NOT like him so that was out the window. Then I thought of Scarface, which is my fave film. But he doesn't look much like a drug dealer haha so I just named him Leo in the end. The original name was best anyways as you said it is a good name :). Also I'd like to add that my female is currently going through shedding period, Her color has gone very fog alike as it normally would starting the shedding process. she is approximately 5 n half foot now, she is coming on a treat. I cannot imagine this being a major problem, but I fed my female not long ago a mouse that I thawed out as per usual with cold water then hot/warm water, and it appeared to still have a bit of water inside the mouse. Once the snake got halfway through the mouse, bubbles of water started coming out of the side of the snakes mouth but I'm guessing and hoping that this is not a problem? it is the first time that it has happened and did worry me a little bit as it's never happened. I cannot see it being a problem but I am no expert, so what can you tell me on that subject? Also, I now think my male BRB Leo is going through shed mode he looks very dull colored, he has had two pinky mice since I've had him. Thanks.

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  22:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Be careful of co-housing snakes. If one gets sick, they both might.

I have a male named Scarface! He actually did have a scar on his head when he arrived, too...long since healed.

Bubbles *could* be bad. After she's digested for a few days, look at her mouth and throat to make sure all is normal color with no mucus. If she's clear, you're fine. If she does have mucus, it could be a respiratory infection, in which case she would need to see a vet. This is highly unlikely, mind, but it's always best to check and thus catch poential problems while still early and treatable.

Pinkie mice are way too small a meal for even a baby rainbow, unless you want to feed four or five at a time. Try a single rat pink or mouse hopper.

Good luck!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook

Edited by - Snakesitter on 20/07/2012 22:49:54
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  09:00:29  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My bad theyre not pinkys theyre fuzzys! I have had a look at her mouth and there is no sign of mucus or any other unusual things, she is fine! Looked down her throat as far as possible all seems good. Ha have ya sound scarface is a good name for a snake like! Well cute brb's i love them!! Wouldnt mind a larger snake next maybe a common boa!

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2012 :  19:26:59  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear she looks well. :-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000