Rainbow Boa Videos
 Update on my Boa's 13-10-12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2012 :  14:21:31  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is just a quick video showing my 3 snakes and their current size/habitat etc. They are all doing fine, and I am that much closer to moving my female Brazilian Rainbow Boa from her current vivarium, into a new bigger glass vivarium. I will then put my male Brazilian Rainbow Boa into the vivarium that my female was in and then I will do another update video to show the new vivariums and setups. I have a 4foot vivarium for my BCI which will last approximately 18-24 months, once I feel she has outgrown that, I will be investing in again another larger and more spacious vivarium for her. then I will use her vivarium to purchase possibly another snake or maybe a different type of reptile all-together. Until then, this is my update for you Rainbow Boa fans to see, and I will appreciate all feed back and comments posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zN76cuEKBY

Also, just thought I would say, when I first got my first Brazilian Rainbow Boa, I found it pretty difficult to maintain it's requirements in terms of heating and humidity, but as time has passed, my knowledge on the animals has grown exceptionally and I can say with 100% confidence that I know what I am doing with these snakes, and I maintain their vivariums regularly keeping on top of any poo/wee or anything else that maybe affected over time. The heating and humidity problems have been solved in all 3 vivariums and they are at a reasonable level constantly. If anybody would disagree with anything in this that they can relate to my video and would think otherwise, I would like to hear your comments and thoughts. Thank you.

VXRossi
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
0.0.1 Argentine Rainbow Boa
0.1.0 Common BCI

Nathair2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2012 :  18:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've got sone stunning snakes there!!! Beautiful! :)

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2012 :  21:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice vid, VXR! Your snakes are very camera-tolerant!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2012 :  12:54:45  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments! Would you suggest any way to improve them at all? And heh, camera-tolerant snakes are good :). My BCI i noticed shed lastnight however, it was in pieces and i noticed she still had some shedding to do towards the tail area. Now i was told 50%humidity was fine, my snakes im a wooden vivarium so i cannot spray it much. There are two water bowels in there and shes still not shedding fully? Any ideas why?

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2012 :  21:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It could be a lot of things. Personally, I'd up the humidity a bit (by placing a larger water bowl over the heat and reducing the ventillation a touch, in order to avoid spraying) and add a rock for her to rub up against. Regardless, I'd give her a nice long soak and try to rub as much of the stuck shed off as possible so that it does not complicate the next one. Good luck!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2012 :  23:49:43  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmm!! well I have blocked one of the ventilation areas, so there is 3 now instead of 4. I've already gotten a large water bowl near the underneath of the heat lamp, i have just replaced the water and filled it up. i did spray in there a touch and now after I've closed it both the window doors are like u can tell it is humid in there. condensated, I haven't got any rocks atm, but I could get a few, one of the water bowl's is sharp enough for her to scratch her skin off, and its very heavy so she wouldn't move it. I have had her in the bath tonight for a bit and bits and pieces of her skin become pealable but it's only very small bits, smaller than a little fingers fingernail, which is frustrating because her skin color once shed is amazing!!! Hope she gets rid of it soon! I will let you know when she does :)

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2012 :  21:58:41  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VXR, after she soaks, have her crawl through a dampened towel that you hold in your hands with a little bit of pressure applied. That may be enough to trigger the natural "shed roll" process and make this easier. Soak again and repeat as needed.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000