New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Snake mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2014 :  22:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I got my first corn snake and was over at the corn snake forum years ago, there were posts everyday without fail. Now I have a Rainbow boa, id love somewhere similar - but here is like a wasteland, where are all the people talking about there gorgeous boas?! It makes absolutely no sense to me, and would love to see this forum more active. Has it always been like this or just in the last year or two that the forums become quiet?

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2014 :  23:11:13  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
we would all love to see this forum a lot busier (although makes my tasks on the forums more difficult lol, i dont mind really ;)) had a chat with someone about this last week and seems facebook and other social media is the preferred choice unfortunately.

This was a busy site, and hopefully will be again but social media sites have taken a lot of traffic from not only us but the vast majority of reptile forums.

GMac
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2014 :  20:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was the one GMac was speaking with. He pretty much nailed the main reason: many people now use social sites to discuss snakes...an unfortunate choice, I think, as the discussions here are better written, better illsutrated (more picts!), and have more experienced commenters.

However, in addtion, several of our former regular drifted away, and several other regular posters (like me) got too busy to make their traditional regular posts.

On the bright side, I just a set of major marketing posts this past weekend, and this week will kick off a six-week posting marathon. So please check in and comment every Wednesday! (And if you really want to help reverse this, post a weekly thread of your own. The more material is offered, the more visitors and comments we will get. It really does feed on itself.)

So who else is in?

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

Edited by - Snakesitter on 02/07/2014 20:26:38
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  19:08:38  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like this idea Snakesitter. nice one :D

GMac
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  20:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
:-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Snake mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  21:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll most definitely like to post and see alot more posts. Having my baby brb fpr several months now and feel like I could use alot of advice. Not necessarily direct questions but I know when I started out with corns just general posts on the forum from other members brang out some great advice that I still use to this day and would love to see that happen here.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  20:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We look forward to your picts, and are happy to help where needed!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2014 :  12:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has gone very quiet on here, but also on the cornsnake site too
I am a culprit of being drawn to social media sites, but now don't frequent those so much either.
I agree with snakesitter that if you are prepared to wait for answers to questions on here they are answered extremely well from experienced people and you don't get the arguments that always seem to happen on social media sites.

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2014 :  20:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Blackcat! :-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2014 :  21:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I valued all the help and advice I obtained from this site and would always ask here first

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

CBRNick
Snake mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  09:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the weekly post is a brilliant idea to try an being some life back :-)
My 3 and a half year old brb is in a much better temporary home while i build her new viv thanks to info I gleaned from here and the new build is coming on, although I've come up against a cash flow problem that's allowed it down slightly.
I will put together some photos in the next day or so and try to keep the progress updated.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  20:12:00  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Nick, and glad to have you on board with regular posts! Looking forward to them!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  21:49:49  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
likewise,

Now while the weekly post tickles my fancy somewhat, i would also like to know more about our new members like what other reptiles what got you interested in reptiles. a bit of a bio really. I would be happy to start a thread along those lines so long as others are prepared to participate lol. Ive been on these sites forever and a day and is good finding out more about our members and also what our members would like to see on the forum (other than more activity lol thats a given)

GMac
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  20:32:00  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here here, I say go for it!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2014 :  20:25:31  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
C'mon folks, let's see picts of those lovely rainbows you all have, posted in the picture section under your pet's name(s)! We can't restore this forum to the power it once was unless we all work together.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000