New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CBRNick
Snake mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  07:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That titles not quite right... But it's sort of amusing...

Anyway Runes usual pattern is eat, two to three days later you get a small white poo, followed usually a day or two later by a big one.

Now she missed a meal due to me being away on holiday(she was cared for by a snake sitter, but not fed) so I don't know if this is why, but since her most recent meal last Sunday there has been a series of very small poos but no large one.
She's due a feed in the next day or so, is this something I need to keep an eye on?

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  15:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't remember how old Rune is but the white stuff is urates (wee) and the large smelly brown stuff is poo.
My two are three this year and do huge smelly poos, sometimes saving it up until they shed, but usually about 4 days after eating.
I also miss the odd feed due to shed cycle and this does alter the pattern/timing of the deposits
As long as she is eating and pooing, with the poo looking 'normal' then you have nothing to worry about IMO.
Hope this helps

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

CBRNick
Snake mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  22:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks fop the reply.:-)
Rune was born in 2011 so she is three years old now.
Well today was general cleaning out day and when I lifted up the warm end hide which has a base, there was a huge fresh poo under there. Where else would you hide one?
So all is well and Ill just put it down to a missed meal disrupting the general clockwork pattern. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  20:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL! Sounds like she knew you were worried. As Sue said, they all have their own patterns, usually varying only around shed time -- and yours seems very predictable!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2014 :  07:20:09  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh good lord, I wish Marius was that predictable. lol! That turd (pun intended!) likes to surprise me because I am quite sure he knows how "pleased" I am to clean his dooky. I like to think he's an artist, because sometimes I find that he has painted the enclosure wall.....or one evening I found "ancient cave writings/drawings" in his cool side hide. >.< I have no doubt that he is laughing his little snakie rump off when I wake up to find his water tub loaded. *Whispers* I don't plan to tell him that I'd much rather find it in the water....soooo much easier to clean up...a quick flush and we're all good, haha!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  20:59:03  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best way to get a snake to do its business? Clean its enclosure. Works like a charm: fresh dookie, every time. ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  01:13:08  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha! Not with Marius. I think I turned him into a germophobe too, lmao. He likes his enclosure clean and prefers to hide his poops from me. >.<

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2014 :  20:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That way they're nice and moldy when found? ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2014 :  21:58:05  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*Shudders* Sometimes. *Cringe* :D

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2014 :  20:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL! :D

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000