Other Species of Boa: Photos/Videos
 Ideal vivarium size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  18:18:08  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What is an ideal vivarium/terrarium/tank w/e ya call it size for a 2-3 year old female bci/bcc???? Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks

VXRossi
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
0.0.1 Argentine Rainbow Boa
0.1.0 Common BCI

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  19:18:17  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
not really age related, its down to the size of the snake. Bcc and bci grow at different rates and end up hugely different full grown, with bci ranging from 6-9ft and bcc 8-12ft. As a minimum for these snakes allow 1sqft per foot length of snake.

GMac
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2013 :  22:52:46  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahh yeh so if it was a 12foot snake you'd generally recommend maybe a 6 by 2? I was thinking maybe an 8 foot long terrarium with depth being around 3foot and height maybe 3foot too! Would that be okay for a female bci?!?!?

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

gmac
Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
710 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2013 :  15:18:18  Show Profile  Send gmac an AOL message  Send gmac a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
8 x 3 x 3 is massive lol, and yes would comfortably take a 9ft boa ;)

GMac
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2013 :  00:33:51  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Excellent :) thank you! Also, i've been looking for hides in the past week or two for my boa constrictor and i cant seem to find any that are big enough for her, is there anything you would recommend that i could use as a hide? Thanks

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

VXRossi

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  15:10:40  Show Profile  Click to see VXRossi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Anyone going to reply to me? Im finding it difficult to get hold of any decent sized hides for my boa constrictor, need a little help wif what to get, or recommend! Running out of ideas! Thanks

VXRossi
0.1.0 Common BCI
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Hatchling

174 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  10:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about a plastic toy tub/crate and just cut a hole in the side? (Would have to make sure the edges were all filed safe) Or an animal travelling carrier/box?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000