The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding changes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nathair2012 Posted - 21/07/2012 : 16:02:13
Hey guys. Just wondering when it's best to upgrade my BRBS type of food. She's on fluffys at the moment but seems to eat them easily and once she's eaten them, it's very hard to see the mouse go down her body. It seems to get the stomach very quickly and easily. Shes currently 15 months old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :) x x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 08/08/2012 : 21:24:55
Snakes will often go comatose for a while after they eat, in order to digest. They usually hide during this process for safety. So...totally normal.
Nathair2012 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 07:14:03
So we fed Arco on Friday night and haven't seen her since?? I have checked on her this morning and she's buried really deep in her hide. Is this normal? She just seems quite inactive?
Snakesitter Posted - 23/07/2012 : 19:41:28
Properly sized prey should be as big around as the snake at its widest point, maybe a bit more, and should leave a notable lump once swallowed. At 15 months, Insurable is right, definitely time to move up.
Nathair2012 Posted - 21/07/2012 : 21:31:48
Thanks incurable! Will let you know how she gets on with the bigger prey :) x
IncurableFlirt Posted - 21/07/2012 : 19:53:56
:D Marius did that in his younger days on occasion. They really are fascinating creatures. Best of luck with your girl, I'm sure she'll do great with the larger prey item. :)
Nathair2012 Posted - 21/07/2012 : 18:51:13
I did think that!! It was quite amazing because when we fed Arco last week, we accidentally dropped the fluff and she still went for it but took it legs first! She had it coiled and then realised she wanted the head first so she corrected it! It was amazing!! Me and my partner were totally engrossed! Didn't think she'd realise it wasn't the right way around!! We will get her a bigger feed next week. Thanks again for the great advice Incurable :) x x
IncurableFlirt Posted - 21/07/2012 : 17:08:05
If you can't see much of a lump after she's eaten the fluff, then it is definitely time to upgrade her food. :) I would try a hopper or a rat crawler at the least and see how she does with that.

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000