The Rainbow Boa Forum
The Rainbow Boa Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Rainbow Boa Posts
 General Posts
 Growing up (they grow up so quick these days)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tweek Posted - 18/01/2013 : 21:03:32
So my baby needs a new home soon! I'll probably put her in a 2ft rub. But it got me thinking about when she's fully grown. Viv or terrarium. Both have their good & bad points. Now I don't know about anywhere else in the world but here in blighty exo terra pretty much cover the terrarium market & as they only go up to 3ft I don't think they will be much good. Does anybody know of any other brands? Who make bigger ones?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Snakesitter Posted - 11/02/2013 : 21:08:13
Yes, that was it. Thank you, Moppet!
Moppet Posted - 10/02/2013 : 04:14:40
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

There was a thread a while back on different enclosure makers in the UK market, but darned if I can recall when/where it was...

Was this the one you had in mind?
http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1908
Snakesitter Posted - 23/01/2013 : 20:40:21
It surprises me there are not more options, given how active the UK forums (and therefore reptile-keeping) are! Did you ask any local breeders or pet stores for their recommendations?
Tweek Posted - 22/01/2013 : 21:27:38
I'm looking at 6-8sq ft. I could mod a viv but would rather buy something with less hassle. There are some good plastic ones but they're so expensive & from what i've seen in the uk unless I buy a viv I won't get anything big enough. But there seems to be a very small market!
Snakesitter Posted - 22/01/2013 : 20:08:50
Tweek, shoot for at least six square feet of floor space for an adult, more if you can. There was a thread a while back on different enclosure makers in the UK market, but darned if I can recall when/where it was. At any rate, I'd urge you to look at a full enclosure as opposed to a tub for a mature animal...I feel they benefit from the stability. Good luck!
Blackcat Posted - 21/01/2013 : 13:03:09
Sorry I don't know of any other brands, so of no help on the terrarium issue.
I am looking at hendersons plastics and other manufacturers of plastic vivs for my 'homes' when my rainbows are fully grown

The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000