A few of the Clan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  15:34:45  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some previously recorded video and some new stuff. Both Rainbows appear in this short iMovie project. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvr7YOAyOVU

TODD
25 Years of Commitment and Responsibility in Private Herpetoculture

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  18:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great vid, Todd! Tagz and Skyler were my clear (unbaised, cough cough) favorites...though Tanner deserves a prize for Most Interesting Frozen Pose. Funny how when faced with a camera, rainbows either want to bite it or climb over it!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  01:11:57  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Cliff. I've never had a snake snap at my camera, but then again, I spend so much time socializing my clan that they're tolerant of just about anything, even my Bloods. The Carpets, well, they're just so curious and social that they'll actually seek people out to climb up, whereas the Rainbows prefer to be left to their own devices, but ya still gotta love 'm :)

TODD
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  20:44:35  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

The Carpets, well, they're just so curious and social that they'll actually seek people out to climb up

That sounds like a surprise waiting to happen. ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  23:30:19  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snakesitter

quote:
Originally posted by CDN_Blood

The Carpets, well, they're just so curious and social that they'll actually seek people out to climb up

That sounds like a surprise waiting to happen. ;-)

LOL. Oh gee, no. These things are absolute dolls. I'd trust them before a Royal Python any day, they're just so social and they don't spook easily at all. When they're trucking around the house I routinely have to step over them or walk right past their face and they just don't care. They're ultra sweet.

If anything is going to strike-out, it's one of the Bloods; they're a wee bit insecure, but they're still good snakes as far as Bloods go :)

TODD
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  23:42:01  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I meant more as in a human being unexpectedly surprised by a snake attempting a "slealth" climb: "wait, what!?" ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  02:28:33  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, gotcha. Well, when one does have a few Blood Pythons kicking around, it's best to warn people before they come over. I don't worry about the Carpets, Rainbows or Royal scaring anyone, but the Bloods can scare folks just by their size. It's easier to tell people in advance than it is to haul a corpse to the curb on garbage day if they have a cardiac event because I forgot to tell them :)

TODD
Go to Top of Page

flaboye
Hatchling

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  14:26:52  Show Profile  Visit flaboye's Homepage  Send flaboye an AOL message  Send flaboye a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great vids CDN. I played them in 720p !!

-Joe

0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow
1.0.0 Hypo BCI
1.0.0 Columbian RedTail
1.0.0 Great Pyrenees
0.0.1 Armadillo under house
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  19:59:29  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Zer0Sanguine
Snake mite

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  18:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about getting a blood but when I saw just how big they get at a show I was flabbergasted to say the least.

1.0 BRB (Alucard)
Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2011 :  18:50:56  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zer0Sanguine

I was thinking about getting a blood but when I saw just how big they get at a show I was flabbergasted to say the least.

That's a male - females get *much* larger :)

TODD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000