Python breitensteini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  13:39:03  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is Boom-Boom, my female Borneo Blood. A lot of folks call these 'Borneo Short-tail Python' since the name 'curtus' was stripped from the 3 subspecies of Bloods, but as far as I'm concerned that only creates confusion and breaks-up the family, so I steadfastedly stick to Borneo Blood python.

Anyhow, fresh paint this morning - enjoy :)

TODD
25 Years of Commitment and Responsibility in Private Herpetoculture

Hatchling

184 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  16:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a lovely snake! Beautiful markings, particularly on her head! How big will she grow? Thanks for sharing

Go to Top of Page

CDN_Blood
Rainbow oddball

Canada
489 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  17:08:43  Show Profile  Visit CDN_Blood's Homepage  Send CDN_Blood a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newbie

What a lovely snake! Beautiful markings, particularly on her head! How big will she grow? Thanks for sharing

Those head markings are a family trait. I know a couple of people with offspring from the same parents and they all have it.

I expect at least 6 feet out of her, over time up to 7.5 or so, but by the time she's 6 feet, she'll be about as big around as your average-sized man's thigh, hence the name Boom-Boom

For the record, this one is an absolute doll, a real pleasure to work with and temperament-wise breitensteini tend to have brongersmai beat by miles. My brongs are also good snakes, but they're so much more insecure than Borneos tend to be.

TODD
25 Years of Commitment and Responsibility in Private Herpetoculture
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

184 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  17:56:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They sound great to work with will we be seeing any brongersmai pictures soon?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000