New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  21:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some one needs to make my cb12 CRB Tobago read the rule book!!
I fed him last night and tonight he is cruising round his RUB with a fat belly - does he not know he is meant to digest his food hiding in his warm hide.
At least Orinoco knows the rules - s/he is not out and about, so must be digesting somewhere warm.
Why do I keep snakes? Nothing but stress at the moment.

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  05:23:07  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
:D Don't get too frustrated with Tobago. Marius does this sometimes as well. It's almost like he's trying to find the perfect place, so he just cruises around his enclosure a few times. Eventually he settles in, and sometimes it is not even on his warm side, to digest. As long as you have the enclosure settings correct, Tobago will find where he is most comfortable. ;)

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

jeff7377

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  09:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peanut will run laps around his viv for a little bit then go right into his moist hide for a day or two. Before we moved up food size he would keep hunting for more food.
Jeff&Sue
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  09:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for the reassurance - I'm just a little sensitive at the moment having had Indigo regurge from moving up a size in food item and aslo having fed Ruby her 'normal' food size for the first time since collecting her.
Tobago and Orinoco are on rat pinkies and the one I gave Tobago was a little larger than normal and left a very visible bulge - hence my paranoid attitude towards him 'cruising' round his RUB with a 'huge' belly.
I have also managed to 'kill' my car - so I'm a little stressed about having to get a new one as I'm fairly sure it is terminal - oh well such is life - could be worse!!

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

Bob
Snake mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  12:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flash eats and then burys himself in the cold end of his viv for 2 days. Then moves up to the warm end for a night. before finally resuming his night time mooching around.

Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  17:13:37  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ouch, that's rough! Sorry to hear about the car troubles. I'm sending good vibes your way in hopes that you'll find a new one easily. *HUGS* Keep your chin up, dear!

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  20:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about the wheels. That's never fun.

It's not at all uncommon for a snake to be active just after feeding. I pet-sat a friend's African Rock Python (eight feet!) for a "short" time (which turned into three years), and he was always at his most active right after feeding, before settling down to digest.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  21:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IncurableFlirt

Ouch, that's rough! Sorry to hear about the car troubles. I'm sending good vibes your way in hopes that you'll find a new one easily. *HUGS* Keep your chin up, dear!

Thanks Incurable - your good vibes have worked, my car wasn't terminal, it survives for a little while longer
Tobago is out and about again tonight, but no visible bulge - had to check incase s/he had regurged (paranoid owner). I can relax as RUB is 'clean'. Tobago did make a break for escape whilst I was 'searching' for a regurge, was gently told to return to RUB for another day.

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Yearling

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  00:09:05  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yay, that's excellent news! :) So glad to hear that the car troubles weren't as bad as expected. Silly vehicles....they can make us so crazy by going a little wonky. ;) Sounds like Tobago is a character, love it! :D

Jenn.
11.8 Ball pythons
1.0 BCI boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  10:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both Tobago and Orinoco are little 'characters'
If out and about will expect to have the RUB opened to come out and 'play' and both try hard not to be put back - so very different from the secretive BRB's.
I was relieved about my car - I had a new clutch in it not long ago so didn't really want to spend more money replacing it with a new one.
It is when they go wrong that you realise just how much you 'need' them.

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Hatchling

174 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  11:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol at your posts!! Glad to hear the car was not terminal after all ;)

I did a big clean out for Corno (one of my corns for those that aren't on the corn forum lol) last night whilst hubby was holding then feeding her. Put her back in and rather than go straight to sleep as usual she explored for about 4 hrs straight! Will not be feeding her at the same time as a big cleanout in future!

Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  20:56:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Lol at your posts!! Glad to hear the car was not terminal after all ;)

I was very pleased it was not terminal - I use it so much
Also pleased you find my posts amusing
I just think it would solve all problems if my snakes would 'read' the same books that I read, Lol.
edited to add:
Glad Corno is keeping you on your toes after his 'full' clean out
You need to 'make' him read the 'Rules' regards digesting after a feed

1.1.0 BRB's 0.0.2 CRB's
0.1.2 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 House snake
0.1.0 Crested Gecko

Edited by - Blackcat on 30/08/2012 21:00:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly