Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Welly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
164 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  22:56:51  Show Profile
Well after only a few weeks im getting hacked off at spraying the viv constantly to keep the humidity up, everytime i open the doors it drops the heat out.
After i poly lined the viv it heats up and holds really well, but as soon as the doors open it drops.

So after some thought and looking round at mist machines i don't want to fork out loads of money on a machine that i can do for much less.
I wanted something that could keep the humidity up and dampen the moss again. So after some thought i went with a simple 12V, battery operated system. I have taken a car windscreen system and made it suit my needs.
The physicals are all in place, a pump, nozzles and a time device.
The pump is just a basic universal washer pump, the nozzles are off a 206 (mist style not jet) and the electronics i have bought from maplins. All in about 30 quid.

I'm still building the timer at the moment but will put all that in when im done.

On/Off switch for timer. Push button for a manual overide

Pump in place, grommets are also in place to stop the hose splitting

Where the battery pack will live. The space at the other end i where the time board will live

Where the unit will sit

The nozzle, It has a fan spray and gets the opposite side of the viv. There is another on the opposite side to do the same.

So far it seems to all be working ok I'll get it all soldered up and working by the weekend. It will be set to spray for 5 seconds in every 5 hours. I'll adjust it from there once i get an idea whats needed.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Kazerella
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  14:26:06  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Great 'how to' Welly- I would like to post it on the amphibian too if you don't mind. Loads of people on there would find it useful too

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000