Zeus`s first shed with me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  12:46:48  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

From what he looks like at the moment am hoping he`s going through his first shed with me, noticed his colouring fading tuesday and now been like this for 2 days, pictures are from today, how long does it take till he will have his new lease of skin ?

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  19:31:39  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Martin, the whole shed process can take from one to two weeks. First you will notice the snake's belly going pink, later its color darkening/dimming, then its eyes going clouded. After a few days of this, the eyes will suddenly go clear again, and the skin may become "crackly" to the touch. These are both signs shed is imminent. Make sure humidity is high. You should find a new fresh snake within a day, two at most. The most important thing to do at that point? Take pictures for us. ;-)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2011 :  01:23:23  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply cliff, can`t wait to see how he comes through the shed as he seems to be growing really quickly and the colours are great as well

His eyesight is deffo off at the moment as when I put him back in his viv after handling he has always gone straight onto the vine thats in there but today I had to give him a clue as to where it is, seemed a bit lost until I placed him onto it, then he was away as usual so hopefully won`t be too long till ive got a freshly shed brb plus its feed day on sunday

Humidity is consistently around 90% at the moment and he has loads of damp sphagnum moss to get stuck into

Pics to follow hopefully in next few days

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, 2 brazilian rainbow boas called zeus and hera, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

urbandruid
Snake mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2011 :  11:44:32  Show Profile  Visit urbandruid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin, my Freyja took about 2 weeks with her first shed with me.
It's such a relief when you finally spot the empty white snake in the viv! :o)

Dunno why they take so long compared to my other two, but there you go. :o)

1.0.0 Corn "Zephyr"
0.0.1 Cali King "Morse"
0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa "Freyja"
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  21:40:48  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well got a strange one here, as of yesterday he appears to be back to normal but I can`t find his shed anywhere, any ideas ??

Had a feed today as usual so hes feeling good still and weighed him as well and he`s now 62g so growing really well

Martin

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  00:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They clear up again for a few days before shedding.
Keep your eye out, you may well catch her in the act.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  15:30:19  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your 100% right on that one, he`s shedding now as I type

Had earl out whilst trying to watch zeus shed as he`s in the bushes so hard to actually make out whats going on and earl is going into shed as well, double wammy lol

Will get some pics tomorrow of the new look zeus but have to say hes looking great from what I can see

Martin

Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the shed! Make sure to check for eyecaps as he's new to you.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  16:13:05  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So heres his shed skin, it was hanging from the foliage in the viv

And the new look zeus, been trying to catch his irridescence in the pictures but not coming out right good but anyway here he is

Hes approximately as very shiney and colourful 22" long now as well

Martin

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  16:29:00  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awwww, he looks adorable, and new and shiny, i like the pic of him hiding the plants lol

My collection (so far)
1.1.0 het pied royal python-bullet and bow
1.0.0 ghost corn snake-monty
1.0.0 dog-jake

wish list:
normal royal python, het pied female, lesser female, mojave male and every other morph + plus a brazilian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  17:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats Martin, he's looking great!

I notice the shed was ripped up a bit, was that how you found it, or damage from removing it from the viv? And did you find the eyecaps on the head portion OK? (Not a worry if it was not/you did not, just curious.)

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:00:05  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya cliff

Ye I ripped the shed getting it out of the viv as it was well wrapped round the foliage in there, must of used it to help but I did have a good look at the shed before removing and it was complete, just like having a skeleton of a snake in there to be honest and yes eyecaps all good, earl my royal python is well into blue now so he should be shedding very soon, feel sorry for him as it seems a heavy shed for earl this time never seen him so blue poor fella

Martin

Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awww I'm sure Earl will feel better shortly, poor guy. Good to hear Zeus's was complete, thumbs up!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
account deleted on request

277 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  12:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww my Sissy is in blue right now.

Will try and get some pics up but she fed yesterday so can't do it just yet.

Zeus is looking great.
Go to Top of Page

Snakesitter
Rainbow Master

USA
2718 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  23:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Snakesitter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good on you for waiting. :D

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles

Website, Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Rainbow Boa Forum © 2000-08 TheRainbowBoa.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000