New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shinslayer19

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2011 :  03:05:34  Show Profile  Send Shinslayer19 an AOL message  Send Shinslayer19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I edited that already, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Welly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
164 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant say i am a lover of hybrids.
But as long as there is demand for the weird and wonderful and there are people willing to pay for it then it will always happen.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

andi
Snake mite

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  23:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow that took a lot of reading.....

i see points to tryin to mix the gene pool up a bit but disagree with it to some degree, im fairly new to reptile keeping i will add and dont know enough on breeding snakes or geckos etc just now

but i am a vet nurse (and a falconer also) and see dogs mixed all the time for wotever reason but the breeds are gettin worse, genetics are gettin worse and hereditory problems from breeds seem to be most dominant for example take the labradoodle lab x poodle which started as an experiment from a charity to gain allergy free hard working medium sized luving dogs but wot has inevitably happened is the hairy ears that poodles get has been crossed with the poor joints from the lab to get a medium sized, wire haired dog with poor joints and hairy ears so effectivly u have something worse than wot u started with

i am also aware of falconers AI different breeds of falcon to get better hunters such as the applomado x gyr to get a larger faster bird which never really happened

there are so many different species of snake out there to choose from that i do not see the reason ppl would want to mix species to get something different, it isn't like ur breeding for a smaller faster snake or allergy free hard working snake, its purely for our curiosity to see wot would happen, and as the saying goes curiosity killed the cat or in this case the snake!
and i know that to a degree thats how morphs prob came about but i like snake species in their normal colouration for a few reasons, coz in a few yrs maybe even a decade there will be so many morphs that normals will be gold dust to get hold of and if we start mixing up the gene pool too much we will risk killing off the species altogether, yes ok maybe a bit far fetched just now but hundreds of yrs down the line u'll prob never get a royal python in its natural form

who says we are allowed to play god anyway?!?!?

1.1.0 royal python
1.1.0 western hognose
1.2.0 ARB
1.0.0 blood python
1.0.0 milksnake
1.0.0 bearded dragon
0.0.2 crested geckos
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly